To hear prayer, click below:
For me, Christmas is a time for children not cancer. You know each Christmas season I try to provide the joy of your birth to the children in my life. But this year cancer is here adding more tasks, appointments and struggles yet giving me less energy, clarity and endurance. Too often simple things become hard.
Lord, this year I need your strength not for me to do more but for me to have the strength to give more to You.
- Teach me that knowing the joy of your birth comes from You and not me.
- Teach my children that less attention from me opens a window for them to see more attention from You.
- Teach me that cancer pushing my loved ones to give more of their time is not a sign of my deficiencies but of your provisions.
- Teach my children that accepting less gifts and more responsibilities brings true abundance.
- Teach me new ways to share the joy of your birth through the gift of your story, your words and your deeds not my own.
Take this cancer to plant seeds in my children’s’ lives so that they may be stronger in their faith, abundant in your love and endless in their compassion to others. I lay my children before you this Christmas Jesus so you may draw them closer to you than ever before.
In your Holy name I pray,
For more Cancer Prayers, go to http://www.cancer-companions.org/category/cancer-prayers/