- Does it seem to you that cancer is the result of living in a fallen world? Or do you believe that cancer is the result of something you did or someone else did to you?
Cancer is not punishment. God did not give you cancer.
He gave you His Son so you may live a life of hope in the midst of suffering. Did you catch that? Hope in the midst of suffering.
Before we go on, it’s important that you know one thing: your struggles are not stronger than the love Christ has for you. There is no place you have been and nowhere you will go that the love of Christ does not go with you. Look at today’s verse:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
Look at the list in the verse above about believers and answer these questions:
- Is there anything in your past, anything that you have done or was done to you, that could separate you from the love of God?
- Is there anything in your future, any pain, any procedure, any mistake that that could separate you from the love of God?
- Is there any evil, any demon, or evil person or evil deed that that could separate you from the love of God?
- Even in death, whether it’s from cancer or a car accident or dying in your sleep, could you be separated from the love of God?
Pray with me:
Sweet Jesus, come into my heart and let me know that this promise is true: that truly nothing in heaven or on Earth can separate me from Your love. Your love is complete, it is unending and it is unstoppable. I praise You for your love. Let it fill my heart to overflowing.