Join the Online Training today!
The goal of this online video training program is to allow churches to provide a high quality Cancer Companion Facilitator Training for their teams when they want and where they want.
The new training program will have 6 video lessons designed to be used by the church to lead a 6 lesson training for their Cancer Companions volunteer team.
Lesson #1 Program Overview and Use of Program Materials
Lesson #2 Connecting with Participants
Lesson #3 The Impact of Cancer
Lesson #4 Skills, Tips and Groups
Lesson #5 Tools to Impact a Cancer Walk
Lesson #6 Boundaries, Monthly Meetings and Ceremonies
Features of this Online Facilitator Training:
- Access to training videos on cancer-companions.org. (The videos last 40-50 minutes. With exercises and discussion groups each of the six meetings will last 1.5 hours each.)
- A sample Facilitator Training System. (Each person who registers for the training will receive their own Facilitator Training System)
- All of the online training is written and led by President and Founder of Cancer Companions Karen Tripp MS LMFT.
- Organizer’s manual/video (how to organize the 6 lesson training program for your team.)
Each Facilitator Training System will contain:
- CC Facilitator Training Materials for use with the 6 training videos.
- Facilitators Version of Seeing God in Your Cancer Journey.
- New additional training materials for training exercises.
- CC Facilitator Journal (3 ring binder) to organize your activities as a facilitator.
- Personal log in information for Cancer Companions Volunteer Toolbox. (Contains videos, forms, Cancer Resource Guides, store, logos, marketing materials, etc.)
Steps to get started:
- STEP #1 Be a registered Cancer Companion church. (At some point church purchased a Cancer Companions Starter Kit.) CLICK HERE
- STEP #2 Registered a minimum of 3 facilitator trainees. (REGISTER BELOW) $110 per person.
- STEP #3 Schedule 6 training meeting at 1 and 1/2 hours each for your trainees to meet and view the materials together. (these can be once a week or two times a week.) Meeting together is essential for a quality training. There are many exercises which are done through interactions with others. Training must be completed in 6 months from registration date.
- STEP#4 Schedule your ministry launch date. For assistance with this see Seven Steps to Get Started Video by CLICKING HERE.
We believe that the Thrivent Action Team program will support this program as it has supported our live training program.
If you have a Thrivent Action Team Visa card, contact Karen at 314-814-0044 to process your payment.