Sarah Kivett, North Carolina Regional Representative and certified trainer, will be leading the Cancer Companions training, based on materials written and developed by Marriage and Family Therapist Karen Tripp MS LMFT, who has years of experience working with people impacted with cancer. This training will guide volunteers to be Cancer Companions who reach into the lives of cancer families and support them through their struggles.
This full day training includes important content concerning the cancer experience as well as skill training which is vital for any Cancer Companion.
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Registration beginning at 8:30; Training from 9am-4:30pm.
Location: North Asheville Baptist Church – 20 Reynolds Mountain Blvd., North Asheville, NC
COST: $110.00 per person (Lunch and training materials provided)
$25 per person to repeat training
Cancer Companions are trained to…
* Lead a Cancer Companions support group for anyone in cancer treatment, post treatment or their loved ones, and/or;
* Meet one-to-one with anyone in cancer treatment, post treatment or their loved ones.
Topics covered during this face-to-face training include:
* The Impact of Cancer
* Goal of Peer Counseling
* Creating a Safe Environment
* Peer Counseling Interaction Skills
* How to Facilitate a One-to-one Peer Counseling session
* How to Facilitate a Cancer Companions Christian Cancer Support group
You will be registered for the training after you have completed the following: Complete the form below and submit – go click through to complete payment – and receive a confirmation email with more details! (be sure to check spam folder if you do not receive email within a few minutes after submitting registration form)
That email will contain links to two readings and two videos for you to review prior to the training.