Evaluate your Faith Community’s interactions with those coping with cancer.
Print or download your Faith Community Cancer Support Evaluation CLICK HERE
DIRECTIONS: Check which percentage of people in your community with cancer interact with your staff in these ways?
YOUR FAITH COMMUNITY CANCER SUPPORT EVALUATION RESULTS:
Results are based not on the size or denomination of your church. It is based on the limitations each church struggles with when engaging cancer patients.
- “Too often cancer patients do not tell us when they are diagnosed.”
- “Too often we first hear of cancer problems when in hospice.”
- “Pastoral care focuses on providing communion. Cancer patients often attend services.”
- “Our staff is swamped serving hospitalized and home bound patients.”
- “Long term pastoral care is primarily done through small groups.”
- “We are too large to give long term patients individualized pastoral care.”
- “We are too small to give long term patients individualized pastoral care.”
Cancer ministry thrives when the skills and efforts of church staff is complimented by a team of trained and equipped church volunteers.
Let Cancer Companions help. https://www.cancer-companions.org/about/start-here/