Children of Cancer Patients
– Financial Assistance
– Family Cancer Mentorship Program
– Kids Camp
– Teen Outreach
– Education and Support group for families
Bear Essentials – A program for children between the ages of 4 and 12 of cancer patients. The Bear Essentials program focuses on the basic needs of children when a parent has cancer: emotional support, information, opportunity for expression and hope. Parents meet at the same time and discuss issues related to family dynamics. Group meetings are monthly, free, and open to the public. Call 314-996-5517 for more info.
Helps Reentering School And Workplace
Offers Books And Videos For All Ages
Ask The Expert: Email For Legal Questions
Phone – Main List Of Scholarships For Survivors
- Coping with Cancer Support Group for Patients & Caregivers First Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Sharing Hope Support Group for People Living with Metastatic or Recurrent Cancer First and Third Wednesday of every month 10:30 a.m.
- Free massages are offered to Rex Cancer Center patients First and third Tuesdays.
- kidscan! is a special family support program designed for families with children ages up to 18 years of age who have a parent, grandparent or caregiver diagnosed with cancer. Third Monday 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. (dinner provided)
- Complimentary one-on-one general nutrition sessions with patients and provide nutritional management during their treatment by our registered dietitians.
Patient Financial Services assists uninsured and consult on filing for disability. Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Massage Therapy/Acupuncture
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Movement Classes
- Health Coaching
- Interactive Medicine Consultation
- Wigs and Head coverings Boutique
- Patient and Family Resource Center
- Survivorship program: Get Real and Heel
- Peer Connect
- Bone Marrow Transplant Caregivers Support Group wed 3-4PM
- Breast Cancer Support Grp 2nd Tues 7-9PM
- Breast Cancer Support for Young Woman 1st Tues 7-8:30
- Cancer Prayer Support Grp 1st & 3rd Mon 7-8:00PM
- Caregiver Conversations 2nd Tues & 4th Thurs 10-11AM
- Coping with Cancer 1st wed 6-7:30PM
- Kidscan! For kids 6-18 whose parent has cancer 3rd Mon 6-8PM
- ICANcer: Adolescent and parent grp for kids 12 and up treated at UNC. Parents meet separately.
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology patient, parent and sibling group 3rd Thurs 5:-6:15PM for UNC patients age 5-12yrs.
- Sharing Hope Support Grp for advance and reoccurring cancers. 3rd Wed 10:30-noon.