Listings tagged: st louis
Colorectal Cancer Networking Group
Second Monday each month at 6:30pm at the Wellness Community
- Treatment information
- Educational and resource information
- A buddy system
- Other information about colorectal cancer
The comfort of home and a community of support for families who travel more than 25 miles to St. Louis to receive medical treatment.
- One on One Support
- Online and phone informational support including:
- Diagnosis, treatment and emotional support
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Local area fund raising event
- CML: A Guide for Patients and Caregivers
- Provides emotional, financial and informational support. Call for info on groups.
- Co-pay assistance program
- Financial Aid- $100
1st Thursday evening of each month, 6:00 – 7:30pm
Group begins with Q & A, provided by an oncology nurse, followed by group sharing and support. A nurturing environment in which to learn about and discuss coping skills, disease management, and quality of life during and after treatment, among other issues.
2nd Wednesday of the month – 7:00pm-8:30pm
Provides screening, diagnosis and treatment of cancer through Interdisciplinary Care. Patient advocacy is provided by the Cancer Information Center, which promotes health education and offers support for cancer patients and their families. Free mammograms for uninsured and underinsured women are also made available; call 314-251-6300 to schedule an appointment.
All cancer support services at Mercy are open to anyone seeking information or support related to a cancer diagnosis, not only patients who receive their treatment at Mercy.
- Survivors Teaching Students Program: Survivors tell their experiences to medical profession classroom
- Annual Conference: Connects researchers, clinicians, survivors and caregivers
- Advocacy: Advocacy on Capitol Hill
- Teal Journal: Quarterly journal spotlighting research and policy initiatives for researchers and patients
- Ovarian Cancer Webinar Series
Attendees exchange stories, treatment tips, and share concerns re: quality of life, intensity of diagnosis, nutritional issues, etc. Family and friends welcome.
2nd Tuesday of each month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Cancer Support Community
1058 Old Des Peres Road Suite 1440
St. Louis, MO 63131
4th Thursday of each month, 1:00 – 2:30 pm
Siteman Cancer Center West County
10 Barnes West Drive
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
(Medical Office Building 2, 2nd Floor Conference Room)
Mon-Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm
- nutritional supplements
- prescription assistance
- transportation to treatments
- medical supplies
- compression garments