Listings tagged: Support
- Lung Cancer Information Line
- Lung Cancer educational materials
- LungLoveLink – online support
- Phone Buddy Program – Peer-to-peer telephone support
- Support Groups – closest is Columbia, MO and Springfield, IL
- Clinical Trial Matching Service
- Financial Resources
- Legal, Case Management, & Employment Resources
- Lung Cancer Research Organization
- One on One Support
- Financial or Insurance Counseling
- Gas Cards
- Look Good, Feel Better (see listing)
- Online Resources
- Research Programs
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Informational Resources
The Center coordinates programs to meet the determined needs of those diagnosed with cancer in the area such as support groups, transportation issues, and financial aid resources.
- General and Specific Cancer Information
- Cancer Treatment Options
- Coping with Cancer
- Home Care & Hospice Options
- Community Resources
- Wellness Programs
- Cancer Prevention
- Lending Library
PROVIDES: Free patient websites bring people together when health matters most. CaringBridge is for anyone facing any health condition: big or small, acute or long term, available for as long as needed! Start a site for someone today so they can share their story and stay connected.
Life Goes On Support Group
meets the third Monday 6p.m. for cancer patients and their families/friends. Contact Peggy Messick at 828/485-2300 ext. 6202.
Hearts of Hope Breast Cancer Support Group meets the last Tuesday of the month 7p.m. Contact Brenda Putnam at 828/485-2300 ext. 6210 .
Strides to Recovery
A 12-week wellness program for cancer patients that includes one-on-one exercise prescription, nutrition counseling, and relaxation techniques to assist cancer patients with regaining strength and stamina. Contact Tracy Glover at 828/326-3680.
2nd Mondays monthly 6:30-8:00 pm
Designed for those affected by colorectal, esophageal, gastric (stomach), liver, gallbladder, GIST, and bladder cancers, this group provides a forum for discussion and education on sensitive issues associated with these cancers, e.g., managing ostomies, lifestyle changes, body image, sleep, diet, post-surgery issues, etc. Family and friends welcome.
- Movement Classes
- Educational and resource information
- Therapeutic Message/ Acupuncture
- Peer Connect
- In-home services
- Prostate Support Group 2nd Tues. 6:30-8:30PM
- Living w/ Advanced Cancer grp 1st &3rd Wed
- Oral, Head and Neck Group 3rd Wed. 6-7PM
Look Good, Feel Better program 3rd Mondays
Chemotherapy Education Class
Monday and Wednesday: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00–11:00 a.m.
Friday: 9:00 –10:00 a.m.
Prostate Support Group Fourth Monday 4:00-6:00
Blood Cancers Support Group 1st Mon.11:00-12:30
Caregiver Support Grp 1st and 3rd Wed 4:00-5:30
GI and Pancreatic Support Group 1st and 3rd Tues 2:00-3:00
Thoracic Support Grp 2nd and 4th Tues 12:00-1:00
Art Therapy Group 2nd and 4th Tues 2:00-4:00
CONTACT: Holly D’Addurno
- Third Tuesday of each month, 7-9 p.m.
Monthly programs to provide educational and supportive information.