Stretching is normally something that you think of doing after you realize how sore you are the next day after a hard workout. However, stretching is just as important as the workout itself! Studies have shown that stretching helps improve joint range motion, which can help you prevent injury and perform daily tasks with greater comfort and flexibility. If you stretch before every workout and every morning you are bound to see these benefits!
Benefits to stretching!
- Increased blood flow to your muscles
- Reduced muscle tension
- Enhanced muscular coordination
- Increased energy levels
Not only is stretching important but it is also important to stretch properly and safely! Here are some tips on how to stretch.
How to effectively stretch!
- Don’t bounce. This can cause injury.
- Hold your stretch.
- Don’t aim for pain.
- Make stretching a routine.
- Stretching should be a smooth, soothing motion.
- In order to not bounce but still get a strong stretch, sway back and forth slowly.
- Each stretch should be held for around 30 seconds to a minute.
- You should only feel slight tension when stretching, if painful stop!
- If you don’t stretch regularly, you wont be able to benefit as greatly.
- Stretch every time you work out to make a habit of it.
Follow these easy tips to help you stretch effectively everyday!
Author: Ramey Hoehn