Sleep has a very important part in your overall well being.
Getting enough sleep protects not only your mental health but also your physical health. The national sleep foundation recommends adults have a range between 7-9 hours every night.
Here are some facts about why you need sleep!
- Sleep can heal and repair your heart and blood vessels.
- Sleep reduce risk of obesity.
- Lack of sleep can increase risk of diabetes.
- Lack of sleep increases risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure and stroke.
- Sleep supports healthy development of muscle mass.
- Sleep can help boost your immune system.
However, besides just getting enough sleep, the quality of your sleep is important! Here is how to have a better-rested night s sleep.
- Create a soothing bedtime routine.
- Stick to a scheduled bedtime.
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink during the day.
- Make your room a comfortable sleeping environment.
Follow these easy steps in order to get a great rested sleep and better your overall physical and mental health!
- When sleep deprived you will feel hungrier.
- No caffeine or alcohol before bed!
Author: Ramey Hoehn